WOW – Thank you so much loopyloo305 for you kind nomination for the Food for Thought award. You can read all about this award at Citizen Tom’s blog. This is a fun award, but presents a challenge for me in the rules. I have to select 7 of my favorite Bible Verses – hmmm – there is smoke coming out of my ears as I try to figure out which to list. I don’t want to hurt the feelings of any of my favorites that don’t make the cut. Well – we’ll see how I do.
So – the rules
Now for the rules:
- Post the award on your blog. Done
- Thank the one who nominated you and link back to their blog. YES YES YES - Thank you LoopyLoo305! You are so kind.
- Share seven of your favorite Bible passages. For extra points, explain why each these seven passages is a favorite.
- Nominate seven other bloggers you admire and enjoy! Why seven? In the Bible, seven symbolizes completeness!
- Inform each person that you have nominated them.
The verses: (some of my favorites – there are others)
1) Heb 1:1-3 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high… (NKJV)
What to know what God is like – Look at Jesus!
2) 2 Peter 1:3-4 …as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (NKJV)
Let me just say “have been given” – past tense :: promises give us access to divine nature – WOO HOO!!!!
3) Psalm 1:1-3 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. (NKJV)
I just love this!
4) Jonah 2:8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. (KJV)
When you believe the lies of your circumstances you lose access to the mercy God has in store for you.
5) Song of Songs 4:16 Awake, O north wind, And come, wind of the south; Make my garden breathe out fragrance, Let its spices be wafted abroad. May my beloved come into his garden And eat its choice fruits!” (NASB)
This is the turning point in the life of the Christian, where she turns her inner life from her own control to the ownership of the Lover of her soul.
6) John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, (NASB)
Can you use a little resurrection in your life?
7) John 14:12-14 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. (NASB)
Oh now that’s some ground breaking information.
- mybroom - I learn so much from Graeme’s blog
- Deb’s Blog - I love Deb’s way of making profound points from simple scriptures with beautiful verse.
- Meanwhile Melody Muses - Pithy poetry
- CaddoVeil - Caddo draws us – so full of heart.
- Justin Hiebert - A man with a heart for the Christ and for His lost sheep.
- Travels from Ur – Great insights into the word
- Revelations in Writing – Shannon brings light – and beautiful leading into prayer.
Thanks again for the honor.