So tell me the truth. When the hater of your soul throws storms at you…
And behold, there arose a great storm in the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves; but He Himself was asleep. ~ Matthew 8:24
… how well do you sleep?
There is something about Jesus’ inner peace that allowed Him to sleep in the storm.
You know what, this peace is supernatural.
Paul tells us:
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:7
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, ~ Colossians 3:15
1) There is no apparent reason for this peace
2) It comes from the inside, from the Spirit of the living God who…
My Father will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode with him. ~ John 14:23
3) It stands guard, protecting your heart, keeping fear at bay.
4) It protects your mind, keeping worry and fretting from dominating every thought. Worry and fretting is what your mind busies itself with when your heart is ruled by fear.
5) This treasure of unaccountable peace is locked in the safest of all safes – “in Christ.”
Picture it with me.
There is this fabulous treasure chest. Do you reckon your heart and mind a treasure worth guarding? Well it is! [Tweet this]
It is hidden away in an impenetrable fortress. They used to call Alcatraz “the Rock,” but that’s a leaky bucket compared to Christ!
Standing guard is a legion of heavenly armed and seriously beefy soldiers. We could call them Peace Keepers if you like.
That is how Jesus sleeps in a storm. He does not let His heart and mind entertain fear and worry.
He has heard the voice of His Father, and knows they are headed across the sea.
I hope you can see this today.