Here is the project:
Before (or after) Thursday November 28, come up with
a number of things you are
thankful for that is equal to the number of
Thanksgivings you have been
on the planet.
For me 55 - woohoo!
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
And His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
So - here are my 55 thankfulnesses
(some are repeats and some are fresh)
Honestly, as I look over last years list, it makes me so thankful, and though there is so much more I can rejoice in, so many of these are fabulous. Ah well (I suppose i could add - I am thankful for cut and paste?)
55 reasons to be thankful:
1) Jesus - my Savior, my Master, my Friend, the Lover of my soul
2) Father – my Creator, my Sure Foundation
3) Holy Spirit – my Strength, my Guide, my Teacher, my Comfort
4) The Bible
5) Corinne, my wonderful, patient, and loving wife
6) My parents – I am so thankful to have been raised in a Christian Home by loving parents
7) Christopher my #1 son, the child of my youth. We grew up together (mostly,) and Emily my bolt of raw energy daughter-in-law.
8) Jessica my dear sweet strong woman of God and beautiful daughter and Zach her brilliant husband.
9) Joshua my math genius son and God’s firebrand.
10) Sarah my sweet soprano daughter – I like to say she is a puzzle piece with connections on all sides. Her sweetness makes her irresistible as a friend.
11) My Father-in-Law and his dear wife Issy.
12) My Mother-in-Law who is worshipping Jesus in his presence
13) David and Janice my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.
14) Larry and Helen my dear friends who care for my soul.
15) Kim and Sherri – mentors and friends – led me out of darkness and into this glorious light.
16) Mark and Sabra – friends for decades. Friday Night Bible Studies on Sunday afternoon at their house year after year.
17) Jon and Thess – friends for decades. Sharing life with friends and seeing them grow as a family and as godly parents.
18) Chet Klope my Pastor. He has a heart that beats for what God cares about - the souls of men and women.
19) George my boss for 23 years.
20) Dave my colleague, friend, and the one who keeps me on task at work, and a great team in the IT group.
21) Pascack Bible Church – my Church home.
22) My home church (small group.) A wonderful family with whom to worship, pray and study - oh and eat!
23) Social Networks Like twitter and Facebook, where I am making new friends and reconnecting with old.
24) Some new friends that have come into my life in the past year like Felecia, Patricia, and Jason.
25) For friends who have stuck with me from my earliest blogging days, and love me in spite of myself, like Caddo, Deb, Cheryl, and Joe
26) My brother and his wife David and Cathy who have been so strong in my mom’s life, and who I have looked up to since I was a little boy.
27) My brother Stephen and his wife Cindy, who is a constant encouragement to me. Steve was probably my first ever best friend.
28) My brother elders at PBC who make community the priority, and make hard decisions doable.
29) My outrageous salvation - Jesus saved me to the uttermost, and I so did not deserve that.
30) My eyes. I am so thankful for the ability to distinguish colors and details. Sight is a wonderful gift.
31) My hearing. I learn best when my ears are engaged. I love to listen to books, music, teaching or just talk.
32) Singing. I am so glad I can sing, and am allowed to once in a while.
33) The great wealth of Worship music that is flowing from the heart of God into the Church these days
34) Jesus Culture
35) Misty Edwards
36) Rick Pino
37) Everything that flows out of Bethel
38) Everything that flows out of IHOP KC
39) The ability to work with fun new technologies on a regular basis.
40) I am thankful for the huge variety of ethnic foods available in these parts (ie - Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Greek, Thai,)
41) So thankful my Son-in-law and Daughter Zach and Jess are coming east for the Christmas
42) The ability to write and the ease with which we can now share our hearts through blogging
43) Games - love family games of all sorts
44) Laughter - that goes with games and families
45) with that - I also am thankful for humor. Including great comedians of the past like Danny Kaye, Victor Borge, Mel Blanck, Jim Henson.
46) Movies - sometimes I just love to get carried away into a movie - be it SC-Fi, Fantasy, RomCom, or Drama
47) Podcasts - this year I have gotten hooked on a number of podcast, and am hoping to start my own in the new year. (stay tuned)
48) The Blue letter Bible (blueletterbible.com) - the is the most functional and useful study tool I have ever found, and believe me, I have tried a bunch of them. It does not have every translation imaginable like Biblegateway.com (for which I am also thankful), but the other tools that are so closely linked, and so easily used make it far superior in almost every aspect.
49) Biblegateway.com (see, i told you)
50) Google - I can't believe how easy it is to get information about anything in the world.
51) Amazon - and then to buy it
52) Youtube - and then to learn how to use it
53) Free book days at Amazon
54) My wonderful niece who is, as we speak, editing my soon to be released book. (Get ready, you're going to love it)
55) and my biggest, newest greatest thankfulness is reserved for my brand new Grand Baby coming any day now. Whoo Hoooo!!!
Have a super blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy your family and loved ones, and don't eat so much you are miserable.