…waiting for the moving of the waters; - John 5:3
How much of our life do we spend waiting.
- I will do something big for God when …
- I will fulfill my destiny when …
- I will answer God’s call when …
- I’ll pray more when …
- I’ll read my Bible …
- I’ll give my money to the poor when …
- … when I’m out of school.
- … when I’m out of my parent’s house.
- … when I’m married.
- … when I’m out of debt.
- … when I’m retired.
Jesus says to the man waiting at the pool of Bethesda:
Do you wish to get well? - John 5:6
The man gives him a reason he can’t be made well. But that was not the question, was it?
God is not looking at you thinking
“Too bad he/she is in those circumstances.”
Rather, I am convinced these ‘huge’ obstacles that completely derail us don’t faze Him at all.
Jesus simply tells him:
Get up, pick up your pallet and walk. - John 5:8
- He didn’t touch him.
- He didn’t curse the pool.
- He didn’t call a prayer meeting.
- He simply told him to get up and walk.
What is keeping you from doing God will, from being what He has called you to be?
Can you hear the voice of Jesus today?
Get up and walk!
See you again soon.
Hey – don’t miss the recent addition to my “Encounters” series – “What I Found at the Well.”