He presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field.
and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one" (Matthew 13:24, 38 NASB)
Another simple one today – Seed.
The Greek word pretty much preaches itself: the Greek word for seed is sperma.
Here are a couple excerpts from Thayer’s Lexicon (skipping the human seed definitions)
- the seed i.e. the grain or kernel which contains within itself the germ of the future plants
- whatever possesses vital force or life giving power
- of divine energy of the Holy Spirit operating within the soul by which we are regenerated
In the last parable – (the Parable of the Soils) the seed was the Word of God planted in us to impregnate us with truth and the life of God.
Boy – that’ll preach brother Ben.
In this parable the good seed are the sons of the kingdom.
So here it is:
- First the Word of Life – the seed (sperma) of the Lord - bursting with new, wonderful, abundant life – is planted in your heart
- You become pregnant – bursting with new, wonderful, abundant life.
- Then you (sperma) are in turn planted in the earth - bursting with new, wonderful, abundant life.
I love that the Word is seed in me, and I am seed in the world. I am God’s method of bringing that seed (His word – bursting with new, wonderful, abundant life) to a lost and dying world.
Are you wiling to be planted?
It does mean you will have to die, so others can have life.
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains by itself alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. (John 12:24 NASB)
Today is a great day to die! Just think of the new, wonderful, abundant life you will be creating! [Tweet This]
See you tomorrow.
Thayer's Lexicon via BlueLetterBible.org